Monday, 20 October 2008

Not enough hours in a day!

I confess... I am not superwoman. I do feel like one sometimes but once in a while reality kicks in. Between spending mornings with Vicente and running around for errands, working 4h a day (not enough - and I end up bringing work home) and then collecting kids from school and taking to activities and dragging myself to the gym - I am exhausted at the end of the day. Every night I need to prepare stuff for the next day, check work stuff and I seem to be running around constantly. I work 2 full days a week (Thursdays and Saturdays) and only have Sunday off - if you can call "off" when you´re handling 3 kids and trying to do family stuff or a one on one activity. So this week I counted the number of hours I slept... after a considerable amount of people told me I looked like crap. So I have been sleeping 4 to 5 hours per night on average. I need my kids to sleep through the might urgently! On a positive note - I am losing weight. Have lost 14kg - only 5kg to go for me to fit my normal clothes. And then... there are all the things I would love to do.
I miss my IVF friends - I haven´t been online forever.
I want to have more time to know what´s happening with Rita and Francisco, whom I haven´t seen for over 2 months now.
I would love to go through all my paperwork and just have everything filed.
I need to communicate more with my 3 godsons.
I would love to know in detail how Kerry and her family are and most of all how her sister is doing.
I need to speak to Sandra and check out how her adoption process is.
I need more time for my grandparents who are going downhill on a daily basis.
I would love to be able to watch more than 5 min. of a movie without falling asleep.
My dearest Sis Julie who has so much going on in her life always seems to have time for a quick line - how does she do it?
I could go on and on, but I won´t. Sorry for this pity party - some days aren´t so good and full of guilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are NEVER enough hours in the day. Yet, somehow, each day passes much too quickly and our babies are growing in the blink of an eye. Miss you sis and hope you find a peaceful moment for yourself on occasion.

Love and Hugs,

Julie