Monday, 13 October 2008

António and sports







António has had 4 lessons now. Not only does he love riding but I think he is actually improving. He is very much at ease on a horse, for his standards. I am very proud of him. He is totally adapted to his new school and he is left at the gate and walks all alone to his class. My big Boy! This makes my life so much easier, not having to take all kids out of the car to leave him. However, he has been quite challenging lately. He is a spoiled brat, I know but we need to deal with that now. Whenever something doesn´t go his way he becomes impossible to bear with. He usually cries or charges of to his room for a sob and then gets all sulky. He is still very much anti people... doesn´t really bother to great people and is borderline rude. I don´t want to make him great people because I think it should be his initiative but I also don´t want him to think its ok just to ignore whoever speaks to him. It always seems to be a mind game regarding his education. He can be so clever and obedient but rather challenging at the same time. He is also very aware of his limitations. He knows when he isn´t good or as good as someone else at something but instead of making an effort he quits. So we are working hard towards his swimming lessons. He is improving but not as much as his other classmates so they will probably move ahead and I don´t know what to say to him when he realizes he will be left behind. He can now swim but certainly needs improvement and other skills. At this stage I am 100% confident with him in the water so that is amazing for sure. He can dive in and paddle around and obviously doesn´t drown but as soon as he feels tired he is done! So motiviation is needed in big dosages!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis:

Oh the joys and challenges of raising our children. I'm sure you will find a wonderful, loving way to guide him through it all. Miss you!

Love & Hugs,

Julie