Thursday, 18 December 2008

Morning Update

Last night around 11 p.m I lost - I snapped! Fever came as high as 39.8 TWICE in a 4h period after having dropped to 37ºC. I called Dr. Volker (his regular Ped) and just sobbed the entire phone call. He was worried (probably more about me) so he made me threaten the entire staff that I would take Vicente into the ER room myself if a doctor wouldn't be here in the next hour. Well after 30min. this "Tia" Ped comes too see us. AFter taking a look at him she tells me he has a breathing infection ???? WTF???You should have seen my face. Anyway, I din't make a huge fuss over it because she asked for all tests to be repeated ASAP. So more blood and X-Ray. His blood results came back much much better than the previous ones so the anthibiotics is working on the bacteria. She still says that after seeing the x-ray she believes he has a viral breathing infection which for me is total BS. I mean of course he has something virul going on but its not his breathing that has been infected! Anyway, in an hour or so the morning Ped (a different one, so I hope) will make his call.
Night was a breeze. Vicente was so tired that he only woke up once for a feed and Zé slept here with us. His fever is in the 37.5ºC range and has been for the past hours so he isn't taking any meds and we are hoping his body can do the tick on its own. Will update as soon as we have more news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much more can you take!!!
Glad, at least, to hear that you had a reasonable night. Update blog after ped visit to know what a proper doctor says. (Tias should be banned from medicine and restricted to coffee shops and fashion boutiques.)