The pressure I have been feeling "down bellow" is to much for words. I can barley walk. I can’t even lift my leg to get into my car. Serves me right for buying a big and high car. These past two nights were terrible. And to make things worse, Sebastião still wakes up at night and all he wants is mummy. If Zé attends to him he will scream at the top of his lungs until I show up. In normal circumstances we would just let him cry it out but I can’t do it now because it would only add up to the hours of sleep I’m not getting anyway. So... all Sebastião wants is either a bottle or a cuddle and this happens once or twice a night somewhere between 2 and 5 a.m. He will then fall straight back to sleep until 8.30.
My question is... what do we do when the baby is born? Do I attend to the baby and to Sebastião? Should we split kids, as in baby for me and Kiko for Zé? I can just picture myself going insane... When Sebastião was born António already slept through the nigh so it was soooo easy. Help me out here those of you who had kids close in age. what was you night logistically like?
Wednesday, 23 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh linda, já não falta muito. Calculo que te esteja a ser muito dificil.
Quanto ao Kiko, tenho uma sugestão, não sei é se vai dar porque ele é muito pequeno. A Margarida acordou de noite até aos 3 anos, todas as noites! Em desespero desabafei com um colega meu que me deu a seguinte sugestão: em vez de lhe dar o leitinho no biberon, dar-lhe na caneca.
Fui preparando-a dizendo-lhe que tínhamos de dar os biberons dela a meninos que não tinham nenhum e um dia desapareceram lá de casa. à noite acordou e eu trouxe-lhe a caneca. É claro que se fartou de berrar, mas consegui-me aguentar. A segunda noite gritou, mas lá beber da caneca. à terceira..... deixou de acordar de noite. Até hoje. Não sei se vai resultar com o teu Kiko, mas é uma questão de tentares.
Bjos, dá notícias.
ps - vamos estar de licença de maternidade mais ao menos ao mesmo tempo
agora para saber mais vais ter de entrar em contacto comigo ;)
hi hi hi
It won't be long now. I'm sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. Since you will be in the hospital for a few days after Vicente arrives perhaps that will be the perfect time for Jose (or whoever will be caring for Antonio and Sebastiao) to let Sebastiao either cry it out if that's what you choose or at least become accustomed to Jose attending to him. What if you set up some kind of reward chart where if he sleeps through the night without you having to get up and attend to him he will get something special? I hope you find something that will work for all of you.
Post a Comment